The property at
914 North Main Street has experienced many
The house was built c. 1898 to be a residence
for George Agle, owner of George Agle and Sons,
dealers in leather, hides, wool and feed.
(Courtesy Bloomington-Normal Lost, a publication
of the Old House Society of McLean County) Then,
from personal accounts we have learned this
house developed into a Sorority for Illinois
Wesleyan University. Thereafter, it served as a
funeral home for several decades to later be
massively remodeled into a dental office for Dr.
David J. Hume & Dr. D. Scott Hume in 1983 -
1984. In the pictures below, note that the
recent remodeling (2003) of the front facade
mimics that of the original columns and porch
that were removed earlier in its' history.
914 North Main Street
Bloomington, Illinois 61701
Cirea 1898 -
Courtesy Melean County Museum of History
Back to About Us